Thursday, July 30, 2009

I believe that Johnny Cash said it best...

..."I remember when I was a lad/lass, times were hard and things were bad.  But there's a silver lining behind every cloud." 

Us Huffman's have been amazing.  Happy, healthy, and employed!  But I will get to that later in the blog.  I want to start out by talking about our dear friend, second father, brother, and confidante Tom Pfaeffle.  He recorded, mixed and mastered all of the Kay Kay and Wild Orchid Children music.  He has also worked with Nirvana, BB King, the Black Crowes, and many more musicians.

Tom, or Hammer, as we loved to call him, was shot a little over a week ago.  He was vacationing in Winthrop, WA with his wife Valarie.  It was for his dear friend Rick's birthday.  They decided not to stay at the Sun Lodge.  They hopped on the road, and found a little hotel in Twisp.  They had checked in.  Valarie was unloading the car, while Tom went to unlock the door.  He stuck his key in what he had thought was their hotel room, jiggled the lock, but it wouldn't open.  Instead, without warning, three shots were fired.  Two of those shots had hit Tom.  He took one through the door, and the gentleman opened the door, and shot again.  His wife rushed to him, and carried him away from the door while awaiting paramedics, and the authorities.  He was coherent at that point.  It took the paramedics an hour to get there, and hour to get him to the hospital.  They were going to air lift him to a Seattle hospital, but he didn't make it.  The gentleman was apprehended, and charged with 2nd degree murder, and 2nd degree assault.  He is a well respected man in the construction business, and was released on only $100,000 bail.  
Is it just me, or does it seem like he was doing something sketchy?!  This was not self-defense.  
Yesterday was his funeral.  It was beautiful, long, happy, sad... (enter ANY and ALL emotions here)!  There has been some closure, but we are all just trying to adapt to our loss.  He will be with us always!  We will miss you, Hammer!  :D
To read articles, just google Tom Pfaeffle.

*deep breath* 

Now, back to us Huffman's.  We have been staying with Lydia, in order to get back on track.  It is a full house, but operating smoothly.  It has been so much fun having ladies (Lydia and Liz) to hang out with.  Ha haha!  I have to mention just how gratuitous, kind, and loving Lydia is, and has always been for that matter.  We have enjoyed staying here.  
I have a job.  In property management again.  I love it!  The people are amazing, and nice.  There is plenty of room for growth, and I fully intend on taking advantage of that!  YAY!
Kiddo has gotten enormous!  My mind is boggled.  He has been rolling over, chatting, trying to sit up, and scooting (on his tummy).  He will be a fun little handful when he is mobile.  

Kiddo and I made the venture to visit my Mom in Eagle Point for the 4th of July parade.  It was fun, even in triple digits.  It was nice to be home, and see my family.  I wish I was able to do that more often!  I have to say, the trip was rad, but the long drive time was eased by visiting my Auntie Kandy, and cousins (Trey and Kelis).  I got to have some of her waffles, which for me, kick anyone else's waffles ass!  Consider me a "waffle-snob"!  Just sayin'!  (See photos below)

My brother Jacob is getting married on August 10th.  I am very excited for him.  He is a good kid, and I am proud to call him, and Trevor BROTHER!  He will also be a Dad on January 6th.  

The black and white photos were done by our very good friend Hayley Young for Kirey's Father's Day present.  It is our "perfect mess", as I like to call it.  We were moving out of our house, and there are just boxes everywhere!  Haha!

Below are a "shit-ton", yes... I said "shit-ton"...  Ahem, There are A LOT of pictures!  Enjoy!
(Remember to click on a picture to enlargen)

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

No comments: